Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ABC Fun - Letter G

We had lots of hands-on fun with letter F last week, but it's on to letter G and it's sound this week! 


Alphabet Sensory Bin
In our bin this week we have a bunch of letter G's, a goat, some grapes, a golf club, (eye)glasses, guitar and a glass. 


"G" scavenger hunt
I've planned a little scavenger hunt for Sweet Girl using things that begin with the "G" sound, as well as things that are green.  I plan on hiding the objects in our family room (I usually "hide" them where she can see them since hide-n-seek is a little new to her).  Then once she finds them she will have to say the word and then decide if it belongs with the "g" sound objects or the green objects.


Growing a gummy garden
Kinda silly, I know....but Sweet Girl LOVES gummy snacks so I thought this would be fun a great way to talk about letter G and it's sound (everything is more fun with food, right???).  First, Sweet Girl will paint the pots green; then she'll add a few scoops of graham cracker crumbs as our dirt.  Finally I'll have her "plant" the gummy worms, gummy bears and gummy fish. 


As always, be sure to check back at the end of the week to see our fun letter G crafts!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your gummy worms in the green pots! Course I'm not sure any of our gummy worms would make it into the pots lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea for the gummy garden! I am sure she will love it :-) Stopping by from Preschool Corner. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...