Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tot Trays - St. Patrick's Day

Yesterday I posted the baby tot trays that I will be using with my son this month....check them out here.

And these are for my daughter, who is almost three years old.  (Seriously...when did that happen?)

She likes to help me put the trays together and comes up with some good, creative ideas! 


Tonging pom poms
This is a co-tray for both kids and it's a hit.  And sometimes it's a fight over the tongs.... it just depends on the day!


Shamrock patterning


Coin counting and number recognition
You can't tell from the picture, but each little jar is labeled with either 1, 2 or 3.  Sweet Girl will have to add the correct number of coins.


Word recognition and word-picture matching
For this tray I printed out some pictures of our family and some simple words (ie. cat, dog).  Then I used some of my alphabet stickers to spell out the corresponding word on a card.  I will have her look at the word, try to recognize what it is and then glue on the correct picture.  She can easily recognize our names, so the cat and dog will be the most challenging for her.  For these words, I will have her sound out each letter and try to determine which word/picture it would be.


Pre-writing/tracing letters


Cutting practice
Sweet Girl loves to cut!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...