Monday, June 25, 2012

Father's Day: Back Rub Road Map Shirt


I know Father's Day has come and gone, but I really wanted to share our special Father's Day gift!  It would make a great birthday present too!

I originally saw this idea on Pinterest and knew I wanted to make one for our Dada for Father's Day.  The kids and I had so much fun making the shirt and playing with it before we gave it to Dada.

It got a lot of use on Father's Day and I'm pretty sure my husband wasn't too disappointed with the "Daddy, will you lay down so I can play with your shirt" questions.


I pretty much followed the tutorial in the link above, but I used fabric paint pens rather than fabric paint and a paint brush.  The paint pens were soooo easy to use and the drying time was great!  I also let the kids color and draw all over the front of the shirt after the back was dry just to give it a little more "kid character".


Dada sure loved it! 



And so did the kids!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...