Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Momma Made...Button Rings

Oh my gosh!!  Check out the most adorable girly-rings ever over at Meet the Dubiens.
(Oh...and while you are over at Meet the Dubiens, be sure to check out all the amazing kiddie art she and her kids do!!). The minute I saw them I just knew I had to make them for me, I mean, Sweet Girl!! 



Be sure to check out Jill's site to see how they made them.  They used adjustable child-sized rings, but we didn't have any of those. 


Here's how I improvised and made them.

I used our stash of heart buttons and child sized hair ties from Walmart.  I think the pack of ties had about 100 in there for $2.50....can't beat that!


I just glued two heart buttons together as Jill did and then glued on a hair tie.


"Tada"....as Sweet Girl would say!  Now you have rings!!


Love, love, love them!!
Do you think I could get away with wearing one too?  They totally fit me!!  You know I just had to try one on!! 

4 comments:

  1. These are great and my daughter will LOVE them!!
    Great addition to her dress-up trunk!
    ~ Mrs. Mc
    http://littleliteracylearners.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought of using hair ties! GENIUS! I know Kate would LOOOOOVE those! Heck, so would Whithey! HECK HECK....so would I! Hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is so obsessed with wearing rings, and she never has "enough." I like these so much better than plastic rings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it took me so long to check these out! I took a looooong break, lol! These are simply adorable and your idea to use the hair elastics is just brilliant. Thank-you so much for linking to me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...