Thursday, March 1, 2012

Our Leap Day Time Capsule


I saw the neatest idea yesterday morning on Becky Higgins Facebook page about making a time capsule on leap day so I grabbed my camera, got clickin' and kept a little log of our day.  The whole idea is to document your day in photos and words, seal it up and open the capsule four years later.  How cool will it be to look back on our life on this very same day in four years?  I just love that!!

Here's what I included in our time capsule:
Photo collages of our day
Our daily schedule (I literally wrote down every thing we did yesterday)
A letter to my husband and kids about where I think they will be in four years
Current age, height, weight, etc. about each of us
Fun facts about each of our family members
Funny sayings from my kids today
The weather
Important news
Current prices (gas, stamps, milk)
Our meals from this day
A picture of our February calendar
Artwork from Anna from preschool today and some random pictures she drew
What we are reading right now
My husband's business card

I put everything in a 12x12 Big Envelope folder from Becky Higgins, added a little label and sealed it up!
This was such a cool project and I love that it is now all sealed up until February 29, 2016.

And here's a quick glimpse into our day...


Happy March everyone!!





2 comments:

  1. In love with this idea...guess I'll have to wait until 2016! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Marnie...I think you should go ahead and do your time capsule now. Nothing much changes in a week. Plus...in four years are you really going to remember that you did it a week late??? I say go for it!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...